Abscess Drainage ***GRAPHIC PHOTO WARNING***

I suppose I should have posted this before I put up all of the pictures of my Kshar Sutra threadings. Anyway, better late than never, right? The angle is bad, I took these pictures myself (the other pictures on this blog were taken by my husband) I was too ashamed at this point in my journey to ask my husband to take a picture. These are pictures of my seton in the very early days when the infection was very bad and there was a LOT of pus drainage. It was awful. There was so much pus and it irritated my anal area so much I could only get about 2 hours of sleep before waking up and having to clean. The other picture is what my perianal area looked like after my Canadian general surgeon burned a hole through my body to drain my abscess. As you can see the hole was quite big and a lot of pus came out of there. That external drainage was horrifically painful and it took me a good 2 months to be able to sit down...period. After that I could sit down but with some pain. It took a very long time for me to heal from that procedure.

***GRAPHIC PHOTO WARNING***




External Abscess Drainage



Seton In - Early Days


I suffered with a high complicated front facing anal fistula that went through both sphincter muscles for 8 months before deciding to travel to Pune India to have Kshar Sutra treatment with Dr. Bapat. 

If you are curious about Kshar Sutra treatment, have had Kshar Sutra treatment and would like to share your experience, or are undergoing Kshar Sutra, please request to join my closed, confidential Kshar Sutra support group on Facebook 

Please note - everything stated in this video is my personal opinion. I do not advise going against the advice of your doctor. I am not a medical professional.  Kshar Sutra treatment is only legal to practice in India. People choosing to travel to India to undergo Kshar Sutra treatment do so at their own risk.





Comments